Knitted Lion Heirloom Toy - Shumba
Hand knitted by women artisans in Zimbabwe, the Shumba (shumba means Lion in Shona) is a colorful and sweet heirloom toy that makes a wonderful gift. Gogo Olive trains ladies in Zimbabwe to create these wonderful little animals as a way to combat the problem of widespread unemployment in the country. Knitting was chosen because it requires only simple materials and can be done anywhere. Gogo Olive's knitters work together in a bright space in Zimbabwe, and are paid a living wage for their work. Gogo Olive also works with local prison rehabilitation programs to allow women in prison to work on something positive, allowing them to continue to provide for their children, and that they have the option to continue when they are released. Features of this sweet knitted lion include:
- Hand knitted using a combination of wool and acrylic yarn
- Stuffed with synthetic stuffing
- Colorful and sweet, with individual facial features, sweater patterns, and quirks
- Each animal comes with a tag that tells you the individual animal's name (given by the knitter) and the name and photo of the lady who knitted it
- Wash with a gentle sponge cleaning
- Approximately 9" tall
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I have several of these beautiful toys and I have to say, Shumba is my favorite. He has such a fluffy head that makes him soft and a little more cuddly than the others. Such well made toys!
I received 3 adorable Knitted Heirloom Toy dolls as surprise gifts for my 3 kiddos after the birth of my youngest! I think I was just as excited to receive them as they were, lol.
You can tell these were made with love by very talented people. They have beautiful well crafted details and are durable. Definitely will be keepsakes!
Highly recommend these little treasures! ~Lauren
I received this as a gift for my daughter. It is amazingly well crafted and it carries with it a great story of positivity and hope. We are grateful to be introduced to such a cause through this sweet gift.
It was a gift for my friend's new newborn and they loved it!
So cute and unique!
All orders over $100 shipping to the United States ship FREE with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground shipping.
- Orders are shipped within 1 business day of receipt.
- Standard Delivery time is 2-5 days, with most packages delivered in 2-3 days.
- Orders under $100 are charged shipping rates based on the size of the package - which are always as competitive as possible. You will be able to choose a shipping method at checkout.
- Expedited shipping is available at checkout
International orders are charged shipping based on the item's weight. You will be able to choose between standard and expedited shipping at checkout.
All of the items we sell are of the highest quality, and we are confident you will be happy with your purchase once you see it in person.
If for any reason your item does not meet your quality expectations, we will replace it for free or refund your order.
- Returns and exchanges are gladly accepted within a 30 day window
- Once we have received your return, we will process your refund or exchange within 5 business days
- Items must be in unused and undamaged condition. Damaged or used returns will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
We've made it easy for you to request a return and send back an order.
Here are your options:
- Return your item for store credit, with free return shipping using a label we will email you
- Return your item for a refund, minus the cost of return shipping using a label we will email you
- Exchange your item with free shipping using a label we will email you
- Return your item for a full refund and pay your own return shipping.
To begin the return process, click here
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or issues.