Ankole Cowhorn Snack Serving Bowl
Handcrafted from Ugandan Ankole cow horn, this delicate snack serving bowl is perfect to serve nuts, sauces, spices or candy. Our cowhorn products are sustainably made from the horns of the Ankole-Watusi, or Ankole Longhorn, a breed of cattle native to western Uganda and parts of East Africa. These distinctive horns are a recycled byproduct of the food industry and are purchased directly from the cattle keepers, providing revenue for local cattle keeping communities. The horn is then hand carved and polished to their final designs by a small scale artisan community. Features include:
- Handmade from Ugandan Ankole-Watusi cow horn
- Horn is purchased directly from cattle keepers, which provides an important income source that incentivizes keeping of this native, sacred cattle breed
- Horn is upcycled rather than wasted
- Hand carved in a small scale, fair trade artisan cooperative
- Every piece of cowhorn is 100% unique - high variation of color and tone
- Appx 4.5" diameter x 1" deep
- Hand wash only. Do not allow to soak in water. Not for use with hot drinks.
Shipping and Returns
Shipping and Delivery
All orders over $100 shipping to the United States ship free with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground shipping. Orders under $100 are charged shipping rates based on the size of the package - which are always as competitive as possible. You will be able to choose a shipping method at checkout, including express options. International shipping is also available.
How soon will I receive my order?Orders are shipped within 1-2 business days of receipt. Standard Delivery time is 2-5 days, with most domestic packages delivered in 2-3 days.
Regular price items are eligible for a full refund within 30 days of purchase, and must be in new/unused condition. Exchanges and returns are easy! Start the process and print a return label by clicking here.