Small Hand Woven Telephone Wire Basket - Black and White, 1
Carefully woven by skilled artisans in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa, this petite wire basket is a perfect catch-all for coins, paperclips, keys, hair ties, or jewelry. For centuries, Zulu artisans have been famous for their intricate and tightly woven basket weaving style, and these newer telephone wire baskets are no exception. Constructed of repurposed plastic-coated telephone wire, this basket supports the livelihood of 50+ wire artisans. As a sign of authenticity, each one carries a very faint scent of smoke - leftover from the fire this basket was woven next to in the village.
- Handwoven telephone wire basket
- Black and white wire
- Totally unique - no two baskets are ever the same
- Intricate, tightly woven design
- Washable with soap and water
- 4 1/2" diameter, 2 1/4" high