Authentic Juju Hat from Cameroon - White and Tan Flecked, Small
Meticulously handmade by artisans in Cameroon, the Juju hat, Bamileke feather headdress, or Tyn hat is traditionally worn by royal dancers during important ceremonies held by tribal chiefs. These breathtaking works of art transform into stunning wall hangings that bring texture and personality to any space. Made with chicken feathers in warm white and tan, this multidimensional Juju hat is guaranteed to make a statement in your home. Features include:
- Handmade in Cameroon
- Warm, creamy white colored chicken feathers flecked with tan feathers create gorgeous texture
- Folds neatly into a compact, drum shape that protects the feathers
- Feathers are individually hand attached onto a raffia support structure using traditional methods
- Diameter: appx. 20 inches when fully open
- Keep out of direct sunlight to prevent fading
Your Juju hat will come to you collapsed into a tight drum shape. Do not cut the string wrapping the hat! Open your Juju by pushing the tab on the end toward the center of the headdress. The feathers will open and unfold like a flower. You can adjust the position of the feathers by gently hand combing them to an even shape, or by carefully moving the outer fabric wrapped raffia until it sits evenly. Additionally, you can blow dry the feathers on a cool setting to fluff them up.
All orders over $100 shipping to the United States ship FREE with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground shipping.
- Orders are shipped within 1 business day of receipt.
- Standard Delivery time is 2-5 days, with most packages delivered in 2-3 days.
- Orders under $100 are charged shipping rates based on the size of the package - which are always as competitive as possible. You will be able to choose a shipping method at checkout.
- Expedited shipping is available at checkout
International orders are charged shipping based on the item's weight. You will be able to choose between standard and expedited shipping at checkout.
All of the items we sell are of the highest quality, and we are confident you will be happy with your purchase once you see it in person.
If for any reason your item does not meet your quality expectations, we will replace it for free or refund your order.
- Returns and exchanges are gladly accepted within a 30 day window
- Once we have received your return, we will process your refund or exchange within 5 business days
- Items must be in unused and undamaged condition. Damaged or used returns will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
We've made it easy for you to request a return and send back an order.
Here are your options:
- Return your item for store credit, with free return shipping using a label we will email you
- Return your item for a refund, minus the cost of return shipping using a label we will email you
- Exchange your item with free shipping using a label we will email you
- Return your item for a full refund and pay your own return shipping.
To begin the return process, click here
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or issues.
Unboxing and Hanging Instructions
Juju hats are designed with the ability to fold inward into a drum shape, which protects the feathers. Your juju hat will arrive folded inward, wrapped tightly with string, and encased in bubble wrap.
When your juju hat arrives, untie the leather cord it comes wrapped in. Once you do this, the juju hat will loosen, and you can gently open it outwards. At the back base of the juju, there is a tab you can use to press the center of the hat inwards. Gently press the tab all the way in until it pops into place. Some juju hats are woven more tightly than others - this pop may or may not be noticeable. You'll know your juju is fully open when the center of the hat is even, and the feathers don't lean one way or the other.
Once your juju hat is open, gently use your fingers to reposition the feather bundles on the outer edges, and finger comb the interior feathers until they even and in place. For particularly troublesome areas, like the outer edges, you can use a blow dryer on cool to fluff them up.
Your juju hat has a loop built in to the back support rim to make hanging easy.
Cleaning and Care Instructions:
Because feathers are a natural material, moths can become attracted to them. To protect your juju, we recommend placing a small amount of cedar or lavender near the back. Additionally you can spray it periodically with a moth spray, available online or at your local hardware store.
Juju hats attract a surprisingly little amount of dust, especially on the feathers - but they will need a dusting from time to time. We recommend using a blow dryer on cool.